Drop D or C on a Kahler 2300 series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop D or C on a Kahler 2300 series?

Hi would like to ask anyone knows if it is possible to set a Kahler to have Alternative tunings? and still be able to do the whammy ..?

As long as you use thicker strings the bar shouldn't be too high and the tuners shouldn't hit the base plate.

Comment

Also you can buy different spring tensions (couple of web sites), and I think there might be an allen head for adjusting the trem - not 100% sure.

Comment

I set mine up in D standard and its fine, you just need to adjust the spring tension (the allen head screw in the middle of the cam) to match the strings

When you tighten the spring tension, this pulls the cam backward against the strings, when you loosen the spring tension the cam is pulled forward by the string tension. This is similar theory to adjusting the spring claw on a floyd

and as Rich said, if you run out of adjustment on the springs you can swap them for heavier ones

The other problem you will get is that the string hook (where the ball end fits into the bridge) wont fit strings thicker than .046 gauge (sometimes you can jam a .048 in there, but you can break the hook), so on the strings that are above .046, you need to replace the hooks for bigger ones, these can be found at kahlerparts.com

and no, i dont work for Kahler!

Cheers

Comment

Thanks all ... what would you think is good for Drop C on a Kahler?

thanks!

Comment

Do you normally tune to drop C? if so use these strings and just set up the kahler to suit,

If not, your just going to have to try some different combinations till you find what is right for you, you could see what tension your current setup is, and then try to match this, d'addario has a string tension chart on their website to help choose a string that will give you what you want, but in the end it comes down to what feels right to you, some people like high tension, others not

Comment

Working...
            X