No announcement yet.

Project body: Do you know what this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project body: Do you know what this is?

I was scrolln CL and found this body this guy was selling for $20. What the hell, right? A body to practice woodworking/painting with during the weekends when bored. The guy who sold it to me said he couldn't remember if it was a Charvel, Jackson, or Ibanez...... Where ever he bought it, theres like 4-5 paintjobs on this thing.

I have a few questions for the experts on here;

Do any of you know what guitar this was from? I can usually tell from the control cavity, but not this one.

What kind of wood? Its a redish color when wet and it has visable grain. I took a pic of the neck cavity for ya's.

...and the kicker...Did the previous jackass get rid of the floyd posts??? is there a trem that goes in there that doesn't need them?

Any help would rule!

"Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Definitely not a Jackson, the rear routes are completely off. Further, it was never drilled for the trem posts like you noticed, nor was the trem claw and screws installed in the rear route. I wouldn't recommend getting the wood wet, as this could damage it, but hell, for a $20 practice body, who would care? There is no tremolo that routes like that where you wouldn't use posts.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thanks. It did not appear to be a J/C to me either. He said the body is from the 80s. There are screw holes where the claw would mount, though.

I'm assuming the pot/toggle configuration is post-op.

If the posts were never drilled, then I'm thinking of filling in the trem cavity for a hardtail.

Still any thoughts on the origin or wood type?
      "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Didn't there used to be a trem where the pivot posts were mounted on a small plate? I never could figure out how the plate was attached to the body on those, and only saw them in pics.

And yeah, definitely not a C or J.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I wonder if it had a hardtail at one time; that rear cavity is a hot mess.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

On the KF they told me its an NOS Elliot Easton Pro I body. Everything matches up right. No post holes or screw holes.

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Kind of looks like a Washburn.
              Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
              http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
              X