Ebanol nut by Allparts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebanol nut by Allparts

Has anyone used one? I had one on a Fender neck years ago where a Floyd locking nut had been on it before. If I recall correctly, the Ebanol nut (from Allparts) was attatched to the neck via the 2 machine mounting screws that had originally mounted the Floyd nut from underneath. My problem is that I have a nice Charvel 80's neck that I want to use on a non-floyd Strat body. I want to use a vintage style trem and being the Charvel neck has a Floyd locking nut, I would want to change it. But the Floyd nut is screwed in from the top. There are no holes underneath the neck and I do not want to drill them either.

Is there any other alternative to using the Allparts nut? I have never seen any other "Floyd conversion" nuts anywhere. Are any other types even made?? Sorry for the long winded post. Thanks in advance any responses you can give me.
    Guitars:
    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
    1988 Model 2,
    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
    RR3
    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
    2005 SG Special

This might work. http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLLER-NUT-Fende...item35a8cc1fb7

Comment

Originally posted by mkgearhead View Post
      That won't work, it attaches with normal wood screws. Why not just use a Floyd nut and leave the locks off?
      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

I was going to use one on my Floyd->hardtail King V conversion, but I showed it to my luthier and he laughed it. Then he built me one custom for like $75 and I'm glad I spent the extra bux to have it done right.

Comment

That looks interesting. Thanks. I never saw anything like that before. Looking at the pictures, it looks like it's the same size as the floyd nut. I attatches on top which is what I was looking for. Thanks!
          Guitars:
          1988 Model 2,
          RR3
          1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
          2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb91 View Post
            Why not just use a Floyd nut and leave the locks off?
            That's actually my backup plan. Thanks.
            Guitars:
            1988 Model 2,
            RR3
            1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
            2005 SG Special

Comment

Working...
            X