Help choosing a Bare Knuckle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help choosing a Bare Knuckle!

Hi guys, Back again and bringing my pickup problem with me!

recently, after fighting with years with DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan pickups trying to get my dream tone, I made the jump to Bare Knuckles.

I put a Holy Diver in the bridge of my 1979 Strat (It was routed for a humbucker a while back, and I never got the original Single coil back!!!) and two Irish Tours in the neck

And jesus christ, I'm impressed. These things are awesome.

Anyways, I'm looking for a bridge humbucker for my stock SL2H (Alder, maple Neck-Thru and Floyd rose) for progressive/technical death metal. Can't decide between the Nailbomb, warpig, painkiller or Miracle Man. I tune to D and occasionally C#... I do cleans as well, but Im 99% certain I want a Cold Sweat in the neck which will handle cleans...

Assuming these work well I may get others for all my guitars.

Anyone have experience or opinions regarding these p'ups?
    I like EL34s.

OH it should be noted that my strat is for classic metal sounds,, So i'm not exaclty looking for another Holy Diver.
    I like EL34s.

Comment

I would never buy a BKP because I think they are overpriced.

That said, I got one for free in the case of an ESP I purchased at GC. I threw it into an HM Strat that was a project just to try out before selling it for a huge profit, and low and behold, I love the thing! Absolutely perfect for Maiden and other classic metal.

The pickup is a Warpig by DC resistance and dual allen heads, but I'm not sure if it's a ceramic or Alnico V. Didn't come with a cover.

I still think they are overpriced, but if you can get them used for a reasonable amount, go for it.

I like my Bengal SL2H with the JB in it, bet I'm not playing death metal either, and I don't down tune lower than Db on certain guitars.

Here's the problem - You describe the Holy Diver the same way I describe the Warpig - both for Classic Metal, so WTF?

Comment

I was under the impression the warpig was the Drop-Tuning crazy bass response monster of the stable, but at the same time pretty versatile.

The Holy Diver is much more like a "classic" overwound humbucker.
        I like EL34s.

Comment

Oh, and the Warpig would be an AlcinoV unless you custom ordered a ceramic.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

try the Cold Sweat.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
              Oh, and the Warpig would be an AlcinoV unless you custom ordered a ceramic.
              I guess you didn't read where I said it came FREE in the case with the guitar.

I did not order it, but someone else could have.

Comment

It's most likely Alcino V. Not many people actually order the ceramic.

Unrelated, Does anyone know Tim from BKP's contact info? Perhaps an email I could use to ask him personally? The suggestion of the Cold Sweat has only futher confused me.

Appreciated,

Grim
                I like EL34s.

Comment

Nail Bomb will work great in that guitar,very open and tight, I have them in 2 of mine that are Alder,One thing I notice is you don't want to put it too close to the strings
                  I had the one in my Kelly made with Camo cover and black allen head screws, I love it
                  Now I want a Cold sweat for the neck!!

Comment

Working...
                  X