Matching the sound between two pickup types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching the sound between two pickup types

I've become accustomed to the SH-8. If I were to attempt a similar sound using two slanted single-coil sized pickups together, which pickups should I put in my Warrior Pro?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

WAT?!?

Two singles that = an Invader?

The Invader is 16.6K, with three ceramic magnets, and bolts of volts hex heads.

I really doubt you can do it, but you can try finding two singles that together = 16.6K, have ceramic magnets (MIM Strat pickups are ceramic), but you still have the bolts of volts issue, and the Invader has additional magnets for more power.

Maybe try a single hot rail bridge at first. I remember that being pretty brutal. Then you could put in a weaker single with rails (cool rails / vintage rails) in the next position to have a mix of hot and cold. And of course, a hot rails neck in the neck.

Comment

You could try like two Dimarzio hot tracks or the Super Distortion singles

But really, you're fighting a losing battle.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

I once had a JB Jr and a neck Hot Rails in the bridge slots of a Warrior Pro and together they were massive.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Oh man, now I need to get my hands on a warrior pro and try two SD Singles

I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
          X