13-65 on floyd rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13-65 on floyd rose

Would DR DTT 13-65 heavy strings on a floyd rose tuned to a or b be ok, or would I need to add more springs for this?

You will DEFINITELY need at least 4, probably 5 springs to handle those strings. The Floyd should be able to use those strings otherwise. But you will definitely want at least 4 springs, but probably 5, depending on your personal preference for string tension and how much "float" your trem has.

Comment

the 65 may be a bit thick for the nut It might not sit properly or clamp properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Krymson86 View Post
        You will DEFINITELY need at least 4, probably 5 springs to handle those strings. The Floyd should be able to use those strings otherwise. But you will definitely want at least 4 springs, but probably 5, depending on your personal preference for string tension and how much "float" your trem has.
        I have 3 springs will they cut it?

Comment

3 Springs, probably not. If they do it will be SUPER loose and you'll have to screw the strings about as far in as they'll go.

If you have a music store in your area my guess is they'll have trem springs lying around somewhere.

You really need the added tension of at least one more spring.

Comment

Heck, I use 4 springs with 10-46, I don't know how much tension a 13 - 65 would have in B, but probably more than 10-46 in E.

Comment

on one of my 7-strings, I use 4 springs with a set of 10-56, plus an added 70, and it's in A Standard. You should easily be able to make do with 4, 5 if you like a really stiff trem. I've never seen a setup that REQUIRED 5 springs to function.
              ENGL E530. ProRackG. Mesa 50/50.
              Celestion G12K-85s in a Peavey MS-412 cab.
              Pile of 7-string guitars.
              Charvel Model 4
              Metal all the time.

Comment

Three won't cut it, I have one of my guitars with 3 springs tuned to c standard with 11-54 guage strings. I had to screw the claw for the springs in all the way and it was just barely enough.

Comment

Would the floyd saddle hold a .65.70?
                  Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                  Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

I think it will. The nut will most def. handle a 0.65.

Of course, If you try it because of me and it doesn't work

Telling you now, not my fault.

Although I know a .62 will fit, as I use .13-.62 on my ESP.
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

Just friggin cram it in there anyway, geez, I thought tight was good

Comment

Working...
                      X