Entending EMG pup wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entending EMG pup wires

The older models without the quick disconnects. How do you guys extend the braided (ground) wire that covers the center core (signal output) wire? I was going to solder a wire to the braid and run it separate but I read somewhere that without the braid covering the core wire all the way to the pot, it'll pick up more interference. True? How are you guys doing it?
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

I'm sorry you said extending.. I read it wrong. But here's what I do when in need.

I have some shielded wire that I bought from some online place that I can't remember at the time. I just solder and heat shrink the two together.

In what type of application are you in need of extending it?
    Last edited by CKJ; 04-11-2010, 09:25 PM.
    Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
    http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Comment

i take a wire from some old cheapo 2 wire pickup(braid/core type) and just strip,twist, solder and heatshrink.

Comment

So the braid doesn't need to cover the core wire?
        It's on the Soloist PRO, EMG 85/S/S. The wires from the 2 singles are in the way of me adjusting the 85 lower and there's not enough wire to move them out of the way.

Comment

So you need to extend the wires on the single coils right? It doesn't 100% need to be covered up 100% of the way. I mean yeah it'll help block out interference if covered with the woven cover but 1/2" out of 7-8 won't make that much of a difference.
          Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
          http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Comment

Yeah, the single coils. Probably do all 3 so I can move the volume and tone pots back to the other holes too. Thanks.

Comment

Call EMG and see f they an snd ya new longer harnesses.
              Gil

Comment

These aren't the quick disconnects.

Comment

Working...
                X