Trussrod Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trussrod Question

Ok, I know this is wicked noob.. but.. when I adjust the trussrod, I can go clockwise or counter clockwise with the allan wrench. When I say clockwise, is that as if I was looking down the guitar from the bridge, or looking down the headstock? I have adjusted them before with positive results, but it is all trial and error and I end up doing it about 15 times....

Dumb, I know....
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Umm, righty tighty, lefty loosy?
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
      Umm, righty tighty, lefty loosy?
      Dude, I know that.... but depending on whether you are looking at the wrench from the bridge end or the headstock end, either could be right-tighty. Come on...
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

righty as in looking down at the headstock, and it would be opposite looking at it from the bridge, sorry man I coudnt help it.

Comment

Sweet, ty. Sorry if I seemed bitchy... been dealing with screaming baby for last 2 hours (obviously form the computer, lol) and my patience are wearing thin. Thanks again.

Comment

However in the case of a guitar with the adjstment at the neck joint then it would be the complete opposite of what I just said, also Ive come across a guitar before where some numbskull had taken the trussrod out and put it back in backwards.

Comment

Looking down the neck from the headstock,
              clockwise will tighten the truss rod and add tension.
              Counterclockwise will loosen it and add relief.
              Models
              The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
              I dont need furniture.
              If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
              If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
              And rock that sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                Sweet, ty. Sorry if I seemed bitchy... been dealing with screaming baby for last 2 hours (obviously form the computer, lol) and my patience are wearing thin. Thanks again.
                No prob, I asked for it. Screaming baby from the computer or did I miss something here? I have one thats 4 months old, it can be quite annoying some times.

Comment

Ours is about 3.5 weeks old and I think she is colicy. Every night about the same time is is a new episode. Last night is lasted an hour and a half. Off and on for about 2 tonight... thankfully not continuous.... last night was like that.... oh my god.... Even my wife, who is the most patient person I know had to take a break and let her scream in her bassinet for a while.

Comment

When ours was about a month old shed cry and scream for hours(1-2 usually), she grew out of it at about 2 1/2 months. Now shes the absolute happiest baby Ive ever dealt with, a real ham.

Comment

My daughter had to go on Soy. The real stuff didn't agree with her.
                      A good way to calm them is to take them for a ride in the car.
                      Models
                      The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
                      I dont need furniture.
                      If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
                      If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
                      And rock that sucker.

Comment

We are trying different things. I don't want to have to take her for a ride every night to get her to relax though..... but I am getting to the point where I am willing to try just about anything. I suspected colic about a week and a half ago but we took her to doc anyway and he said he thought that to be the case. She is definately the best thing that ever happened to me but man.. that screaming can certainly fuck with me happiness. Granted, her happiness is certainly being fucked with or else she wouldn't scream.... but damn... I feel like screaming sometimes but I know it would accomplish nothing and make the situation worse.

And even worse still... after she is done, I am stressed out for the next several hours..... last night I looked at the clock and is was 12:30... I have to work dammitt, lol. I dragged ass all day today.
                        Last edited by Musician78; 04-08-2010, 08:12 PM.

Comment

We tried the food thing too, didnt work and being Jan., car rides were pretty much out of the question. What we ended up doing is putting her on the other side of the house in our bedroom in her bassinet where we could still hear her but wasnt quite as intense on the nerves, then one day it just stopped.

Comment

Working...
                          X