strings for drop a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strings for drop a

I play in drop a regularly. The only problem is my current Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky 12-56 are flapping on the fretboard, though my guitar is set up properly. I was thinking D'addario Baritone 14-68 would sort it, but can anyone reccomend anything better?

Buy a bass.

Comment

I play in A sometimes,I've wanted to try one of these

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...LAID=416984418

Search youtube for it too.
      BLS/SDMF

Comment

Originally posted by BallooTheBear View Post
        I play in A sometimes,I've wanted to try one of these

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...LAID=416984418

Search youtube for it too.
        It seems quite good, but I don't want to blow £150 on a pedal that just "simulates" drop tunings. I am happy with my guitar and just want a simple set of strings.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezjacksonline6engl View Post
          I play in drop a regularly. The only problem is my current Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky 12-56 are flapping on the fretboard, though my guitar is set up properly. I was thinking D'addario Baritone 14-68 would sort it, but can anyone reccomend anything better?
          That would probably work, I use 13s for B.... you might have to enlarge the hole the string goes into on the A string tho.
          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezjacksonline6engl View Post

i use the same set on my 7 string and add a single 60 for the low A, it's about as taught as standard tuning with 10's if not more even, and it's floyded.
            consider getting a 7 string?

Comment

Buy a 7 string set and throw away the high E and string as usual. Did this once, worked well. However after that I would not recommend the guitar be tuned any higher than B due to too much string tension.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I used to use a 56 as the low B for my old 7-strings, but it would be a little too floppy for Drop A. A 58 or 60 would be fine, IMO.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I use a 60 for my low B on my 7 and it works well for Drop A. I'll have to look up what the whole sets gauge is. Just a seven set and save the high E for something else.
                  "Dear Dr. Bill,
                  I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                  X