Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with tuning problems

Hello!

I have a Soloist pro having some tuning problems. I replaced the worn out locking nut, but it still not stay well in tune even after gentle bend. What should I check next? Saddles, bridge?

Thanks

It could be that the saddles are worn down, but also maybe check the little string lock blocks (that sit inside the saddle) as over time those can get grooves worn into them.

It seems a bit uncommon for those bridges to have tuning problems as the Soloist Pros and XLs came with the Schaller made, Jackson branded JT590 (which is the same as the current Schaller Floyd Rose).

Comment

Check the knife edges on the trem for wear.
      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Anything older with "liscensed by" that Ive had has had that issue. Check to make sure that indeed the locks on the nut are locking, if the screws are even a yellow hair too long, youll think its locked cause the screw wont go in any further. 2, check the fulcrum points at the bridge to make sure theyve not got paint in the areas of contact and that the post and blades of the bridge come to a perfect "v" shape, ie. the the posts should look like this >< and the points on the bridge look like this <| as viewed from the side. 3, make sure that the right amount of spring tension is being applied. If you dont know how to do a proper setup then take it some where that you trust to do it( NOT *insert big chain store name here*), it will make a huge diff in stability with a proper setup.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Make sure the nut base plate is tight too.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Does it return to pitch if you pull back on the trem? If so, it's likely the knife edges and pivot posts.

I've read several times that the Schaller models had removeable knives that you could rotate to a new side, but after a few minutes with Vise-Grips, I have not been able to remove one.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X