OFR and Schaller/JT590 saddles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFR and Schaller/JT590 saddles?

Are they the same dimensions? And I remember (not well) something about the bevel on the back. Didn't some have the bevel on the bottom, and the new asian ones have a bevel on the top? I need a black E string for a JT590. Thanks
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

hey man did you find one? i need to find one too

Comment

I'm still waiting on an answer from the guy fixing my Warrior Pro as to OFR/JT590 compatibility. The JT590 I have is rusted, including the knife edges. AFAIK, the poles attached to the saddles are longer on the OFR, hence I was thinking of buying a new OFR and using the saddles/poles and fine tuners from the 590.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I don't believe they're swappable, I remember trying to put either a Schaller saddle on an OFR plate, or the other way around, and it was a no-go. It was years ago, though, so I can't say for certain.

Sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

well the OP says they work
          http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/107...aka-no.2-2-dot)
          my main concern would be whether the threading of the short bolt of the schaller match the ofr saddle. i know the long bolt of a ofr is too long for some trem cavities.

Sully- when you tried it, do you recall if you tried it while swapping the bolt also or if you just tried the long/short bolt into a short/long bolt plate

edit- oh and as a late response to the OP, i believe the jt590 have the bevel on the bottom, while the jt500 had the bevel on the top. if there is a newer asian one thats actually called a jt590 i havnt heard of it so someone school me please.
          Last edited by jdr94; 06-04-2010, 10:24 PM.

Comment

My finding on this - I got them really cheap so i took a chance and bought a set of saddles from a FRII that was on a old Kramer (same problem JDR94 had, 1 cracked all the way through but the rest were good). They all had the same bevel on the bottom as the JT590 and looked exactly the same. Also have a saddle that I was told came from a OFR that looked the same. So I grabbed the c-mic and checked them out, they all matched very close (within .010") on every part of the saddle (coating or who was at work that night in the factory can explain that difference...). The bolts from my JT590 and the ones from the FRII work in all of the saddles I have (including the OFR saddle). The only thing that I read about (on audiozone) that don't fit/work well is lockbolts and baseplates. The slots in the plates that the bolts go through are different sizes but I haven't confirmed this. But as far as I've found, all of the saddles with the bevel on the bottom work with both JT590's and FRII's and OFR's.

JDR - The one I sent you is one of the FRII ones I got that mic'd exactly the same as my JT590 ones. If it doesn't work, please let us know...
            Hope this helps.
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
            X