Custom or Custom Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom or Custom Custom

Discuss. Need something other than a JB in one of my ProMods - don't want to go Super Distortion again.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

You already know what I'm gonna say... Custom!

I've done it. It sounds kick ass in a Pro Mod.

Comment

I can throw together a couple of clean/dirty sound bites with my RR1T and Toneport. I have a Custom in the bridge. It's going to sound a little different in the pro-mod I'm sure, but the woods are pretty much the same between the two guitars so it should be ballpark.

Just don't expect talented playing.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Custom. Its like the best kept secret of pickups.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          I can throw together a couple of clean/dirty sound bites with my RR1T and Toneport.
          That would be cool.

So far - 3 for Custom, none for CC. This would be going in my 1H ProMod that has Alder/Floyd/Rosewood board. Its got a JB in it now, which is maybe a little to "awwww" in the middle for me. Most of my other guitars are Super Distortion in the bridge.
          Blank yo!

Comment

Love the custom, hate the custom 5 and haven't used the custom custom.

Comment

I have a Custom in a PC3 and a Custom Shop piece. My PC3 is tuned down a half step and probably one of my best sounding guitars. The custom shop is alder with a maple fretboard. I love it because it doesn't sound like the JB. I think its smoother overall and doesn't have that upper-mid 'awww' sound. The custom tames that shrill high end.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I had a 7-string Custom that was really cool, never tried the regular 6-string version. I had the Custom 5 in my old alder Charvel Star and didn't like it too much... added bass and treble but a little scooped in the mids. The C5 does sound better in mahogany, though.
                The Custom Custom I've never tried, but I heard it's like an EVH sound with less treble and more mids, kind of loose/spongy sounding.

Custom = ceramic magnet.
                CC = A2 manget.
                C5 = A5 magnet.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What are the part numbers for the Custom, Custom 5 and the Custom Custom?

Comment

Oh don't start with the TB-11, 15, 17, SH-5, 9 junk. I can't stand using numbers to describe items that have names. That's what turns me off about Ibanez guitars - RG9375839839893920020293 XL.

Crap.
                    Blank yo!

Comment

No-brainer - Custom.

Comment

What are the part numbers for the Custom, Custom 5 and the Custom Custom?
                        custom-5
                        custom 5-14
                        custom custom-11

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                          custom-5
                          custom 5-14
                          custom custom-11
                          Thanks, that's all I wanted to know. I have two Charvels with the Custom 5 (SH 14) installed, they piss all over the JB's in everything else.

Comment

Another vote for the Custom

Comment

Alright - Custom wins!

Just hit the BIN on a double cream Custom to go in my Fiesta Red ProMod.
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X