Painters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painters?

ok i just got 2 Musikraft bodies, now the question is who to send them to for finishing. im thinking a cherry or tobacco burst on one of them, and a metallic or pearl finish on the other. i prefer someone local to NY tristate area but i'm open to suggestions.

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
    i prefer someone local to NY tristate area
    May I ask why?

..but i'm open to suggestions.
    Then I would suggest Mike Learn. He's a sponsor here and does amazing work, be it basic finishes (like you're looking for) or anything you can imagine.

Comment

it really doesnt matter just thought it maybe easier not to ship them since they arent completed & i dont have cases yet.

Comment

If you're just shipping the body and neck, just box them up and pack well. I did that with one of my guitars and it worked out fine.

Comment

are there any custom motorcycle/Car painters on the "island" that might
          take on the project?
          Last edited by 4koa; 03-31-2010, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4koa View Post
            are there any custom motorcycle/Car painters on the "island" that might
            take on the project?
            If you go this route, make sure the guy has painted guitars before. Most motorcycle painters are incredible, but painting wood is a slightly different animal. The amount of prep work to seal the wood and level the grain before painting is much more time consuming and tedious than metal parts. If paint shrinks on metal it still remains flat. If you paint wood and don't properly seal and level the grain, you will see the grain months later when the paint shrinks.

If you are painting over an existing finish and don't strip down to the wood you can disregard my comments.

Save yourself some headaches and send it to Mike Learn (one of the sponsors).

Comment

I know you prefer local, but Mike's the man.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

if you do send them out

Mike is great

someone else i would highly recommedation is Marty Bell

http://www.martybellfinishing.com/Gallery.html

he also does great work, is very reasonably priced and has super quick turnaround times
                Last edited by 4koa; 04-01-2010, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Or UliJDavid, {John} does awsome work also,here is some of his work http://www.dobermanguitars.com/Doberman-P2.htm
                  I have seen and played his guitars and they are top notch!!!

Comment

Well my post was removed awful fast. I suppose I broke some rule. So I'm allowed recommend other painters, but not the one I work for? lame.

www.myspace.com/xtremekustompaint

is that ok?

Comment

Cool Thanks guys.

a few other people have suggested Marty Bell, his works looks great & his turn around time seems almost impossible.

Comment

I have a buddy in Walden that could handle it for you. It is not on the island. But within a reasonable distance.
                        Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                        http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                        X