Input Jack info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input Jack info

This really isn't a question but it is very tech involved.

I'm wondering what kind of input jacks do you use on your passive setups? I personally still use a Switchcraft 12B Stereo jack with the extra prong to help sturdy the cable to keep it from wobbling. I have found this to be a good solution to pretty much never having an input jack become loose because its always kept tight with that second prong.

Anybody else do this? I have one in every one of my guitars, excluding the Roswell simply because of the barrel style jack needed. I have been doing this for well over 5 years now and never had one fail yet.
    Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
    http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

I found the stereos ones do work better and use them if I need to replace a stock jack that is giveing me problems.

Comment

I replaced all my Input jacks on my guitars with Output jacks and the tone has improved considerably.

You can also wire a stereo jack for both Input and Output operation, and that increases headroom a lot.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        I replaced all my Input jacks on my guitars with Output jacks and the tone has improved considerably.

You can also wire a stereo jack for both Input and Output operation, and that increases headroom a lot.

Comment

I just put a new switchcraft jack in my guitar after taking out the EMGS. I didn't use a stereo one though, I had to really push hard to get the cable into it , it was so tight.

I use planet waves cables and I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I had a true bypass box built and the guy used swithcraft jacks and I actually have ONE PW cable that won't fit into the jack! It is a standard 1/4 guitar cable and it fit in all the other jacks but this ONE.
          Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Dang, beat me to it.
            Scott

Comment

noise from Volume pot when using my wireless...

I just put in new pots etc, and everything works great no noise no crackling no pops, nothing until I hook up my wireless, now I have an annoying little crackling when turing up and down the volume. What is this from and how do I fix it ?
              Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Nice one

Comment

You just fried my only remaining healthy brain cell.
                  Thanks a lot buddy.
                  Yup.
                  :ROTF:

Comment

Glad to hear

6 in one hand, half dozen in the other. You can do a search for input jack on parts websites and come up with the same exact thing. But I guess its all what helps YOU sleep at night
                    Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
                    http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Comment

Working...
                    X