Loose Bridge posts (HELP!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose Bridge posts (HELP!)

I have had my Kelly PS6T since I was about 18 years old.It has a liscensed floyd on it.Right after I got it I had a setup done on it for standard D tuning.The guitar plays amazing to this day but won't hold tuning for crap anymore.I was poking around a bit and found that the bridge post wobble around in the body when using the tremolo.I took the bridge off and can move the posts side to side and back and forth quite alot.Is there anyway to fix this?Would I have to have the bridge pin sockets replaced?Sorry I'm not sure what they are really called.Any help would be great.

Also could I buy a OFR from Warmoth to put on?Possible fittment problems?
    BLS/SDMF

Are the inserts loose in the wood, or the posts loose in the inserts?
    Models
    The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
    I dont need furniture.
    If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
    If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
    And rock that sucker.

Comment

The posts are loose in the inserts.The inserts in the wood havn't moved at all.
      BLS/SDMF

Comment

Could I possibly re-tap the threads in the inserts and put in a helicore?
        BLS/SDMF

Comment

You may get away with some teflon tape as a temporary fix. Depends on how wobbly they are. Do the threads on the post or insert look worn, like which is bad, the post or the inserts?
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Wrap the studs with teflon tape that will fix it for now.
            Long term fix is replace the anchors and the studs with floyd pieces.
            The floyd studs have fine threads and are tighter.The originals may have coarse threads and there is more play in them.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I looked again and it seems the threads on the posts and inserts are pretty worn out.I looked on Warmoth and I can get a OFR that comes with new posts and inserts.I think that would be my best bet.I should have just done the searching earlier,sorry for the trouble guys.

One more question though.

Will the OFR have the same post spacing as the liscensed?

Thanks for the help!
              BLS/SDMF

Comment

I think you need a Schaller, or a Jackson JT590 (same thing). I might be wrong but I don't think the OFR fits right. BTW - the one on there is a JT500. Same as a schaller/JT590 but much lower quality.
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

The spacing should be the same. Wow 1000 posts.
                  METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

I just replaced the ones on my Charvel because I changed to black hardware, They are fine thread and I used the Floyd ones to replace because I didn't have to change the inserts
                    Anyway they are wobbly in the insert that came with them and the ones in the guitar
                    I wrapped them with teflon and it helped a lot
                    From what I've seen even the real Floyds are not a tight fit:think:

Comment

I'm just going to go for it and take a chance with the OFR on warmoth,after all it does come with all new stuff.Even if it doesn't fit right I'll have a spare for a fixer upper or mutt.
                      BLS/SDMF

Comment

Working...
                      X