EMG pickup screws....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG pickup screws....

Are the threads on an EMG differnet than a regular PUP? I sold the stupid things finally but kept the screws for the new pickups and the guy says(After I shipped them) that I need to send him the screws cause they are a different size.

If I had any other pickups I would just try instead of asking here, but I dont have any at the minute.

This sale has been a pain in my ass from day one
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Humbuckers, definitely not. I know because I never used them chrome ones they provided, and used black ones I get from Warmoth/Allparts etc. instead.

Single coils? I don't think so. I doubt it seriously.

Comment

It depends on the brand of pickup mostly on what type screw that they use. A majority of Seymour Duncan's (with exception of the Dimebucker) use the same type screw, while every Dimarzio I ran into uses just a screw rather than a fine threaded screw.

I did just try one from a SD in an EMG and it worked, but one from a Jackson pickup didn't work. So it could be a possibility like that. Hope this helps!
      Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
      http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Comment

Never seen a pickup use a different screw. That's just BS.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Imports and USAs use different mounting screws. I just tried a screw from a Duncan on an EMG 89 and it fits just fine.
          Tried a Duncan Designed screw on the 89 and it works fine as well. Also works fine on a USA Duncan, Gibson Dirty Fingers, but seems a bit wobbly on a crapass import pickup.
          Last edited by Newc; 03-23-2010, 10:41 PM.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well, the dude can get two new screws for cheaper than it is going to cost me to send them to canada!!! ( See My other threads)
            Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Originally posted by Riffmeister View Post
              Well, the dude can get two new screws for cheaper than it is going to cost me to send them to canada!!! ( See My other threads)
              Yeah, fuck that guy. Tell him you didn't mention anything about them in the auction and he'll have to deal with it and get his own.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I can't remember the exact story but I remember having a problem with screws when installing emg's. Can't remember what guitar and what pups I was replacing, though. Maybe a warlock. But, this definitely wouldn't be a big issue for most people if you didn't send them. He should be able to get them easily and not make a big thing out of it. If he gets his thong in a bunch about pickup screws of all things, he's a jackass, and you won't be able to soothe his rash anyway.
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                X