p/u suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p/u suggestions

Im quickly coming of mind to swap the EMGs out of my DKMG for something a little brighter. My riffing has been more and more staccato lately and my solo skills are improving (amazing what an hour or 2 a day will do) an I find while the EMGs are great for chorded rhythms, theyre a little dull when it comes to solitary notes. Im looking for suggestions out side the typical Seymour Duncan offerings. Im not looking for this thread to turn into a war of opinions about whats better than what. Im looking for each individuals opinion, and if you dont agree with a previous opinion, keep it to yourself and tell me your own suggestion. Im not trying to be a dick, I just dont want to have to sift through the replies to find the ones that are relevant to the actual discussion. Thanks.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Duncan Custom... Works every time, all the time. :dunno:

Comment

SH5 Custom, SH11 Custom Custom or maybe an SH10 Full Shred. Another recommendation is actually some of Jacksons old pickups J-90C typically go on ebay for pretty cheap, J-92Cs are also really nice, but show up less often.

Oh, another suggestion that is often thrown around is to flip your 81 and 85 around, so you have the 85 in the bridge and the 81 in the neck. Might be worth a try since you can do it without any soldering needed. The EMGs have the easy solder connect points that you can easily switch the next time you change strings

Comment

Dimarzio Super Distortion. its the perfect compliment to a Marshall.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

What body wood? I like the JB for a good all-around sound.
          Scott

Comment

evolution is bright imo if you go dimarzio, has good mids and bass too, mine very bright in my old bolt on dinky, replaced with jb, but i like the evo in my neck through kelly with a air norton in the neck

i dunno, gonna say jb, or if dimarzio tone zone
            Last edited by gmbob22; 03-22-2010, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X