Jackson Wireing A Mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Wireing A Mess

I have received the guitar with broken pots (potentiometers) and can not rewire it.Its a jackson preformer ps2.I have put in the new pots volume and tone work well but the 5 way switching is a mess i cant get it right ive tried loads of diagrams and combiinations.In a lst ditch effort i contacted jackson who sent me a diagram for the guitar but it dosnt match mainly the humbucker.It states that it has red,white,black green and shiled.On mine i have red white and shield can anyone help out a furstrate newbie so i can get back to learning to play.

If anyone could do a rought drawing or something i could copy then i can re solder everything as it should be ive added the diagram off jackson and made a rough on of how mine is wired up now

thanks you so much for reading everyone

Last edited by kevjnsy; 03-17-2010, 04:39 PM.

That oughta do it.

Basically the only thing I see wrong with your diagram is you've got the humbucker's red and the white being used at the same time. One of those is hot and the other should go to ground with the bare wire. If the hum+middle option on the switch gives you a real thin plinky sound, reverse the red and white of the humbucker.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
    X