Bottom of the nut on a Model 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom of the nut on a Model 6?

Anyone know if the bottom of the nut on a Model 6 with the Kahler style lock is flat or rounded like some strats? Also, anywhere you can buy pre-cut nuts for a model 6 like you can for strats?
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

The nuts are flat, you would have to buy the gibson style. Not sure how much you would have to cut if any.

Comment

+1

Just get a slippery Gibson style nut at Stew Mac. Shave it down to the correct height.

Maybe get a few in case you mess up.

Comment

+2

Just measure up the width and order the right size.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Grabbing a Tusq xl 6010 nut. Thanks fellas! Just out of curiosity, what should the string height over the first fret be? I've never had a problem with a nut before. Always just fretted the 3rd, checked that there was "a bit but not too much" space over the 1st, and setup from there with great results. Even the MIM strat one I replaced with a Tusq was a prefect fit with just a bit of shaping the ends. The one I'm changing has a slot for the low E that is too narrow and string sits on top and just buzzes away. Even that height is slightly too low. Any measurement at the first fret as a starting point?
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
          X