about warmoth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about warmoth

Hey guys, sorry if this is noobish in some way...
    I've had the idea to start a Firebird project, and I've been looking at the Warmoth bodies and necks.... is it worth it to spend about 600 bucks on a painted and routed body and a fretted neck, or is there any other way?

BTW all the inspiration striked me when I saw the white Firebird that Sully once featured on one of his videos
    "You deserve what you dream"

I just love Warmoth stuff.

There are a bunch of other options though, which this thread is bound to expose...

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Here's my take on Warmoth - if you can't find what you want on sale in their "showcase," you're going to be paying a lot of coin.

Other than that, you can't fault their selection, options and quality - although around here, everyone dings them for not offering "Charvel-sized" neck heels and pockets.

From my perspective, the problems I have with their bodies are:

- size of the control cavity route on rear routed bodies
      - edge radius on the Strats too square for 50's, 60's Fender
      - Arm contour on Strats too shallow
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

I have built a couple and their quality is very good. As long as you're up to the job of finishing it off right, you'll end up with a great guitar for a good price.

If you screw it up or don't pick the right options, the resale isn't good on them. You could spend over a thousand dollars on a guitar you could never get $400 out of, easily. But then again, if there is something you don't like it's easy enough to change.

Comment

Well basically I'm not thinking about selling it, more like my "first experimentation" at guitar building... I have already managed the electrical stuff and I want to go to a new level, and well, have a kick ass guitar built by myself!

Comment

So, ive made the math, if i get the body and neck on warmoth, its gonna cost about 600 bucks, then the sperzels, tonepros bridge and tailpiece, the 2 SDs humbuckers, pots and switch, accesories, etc, may get up to 1000 total, no counting the paint im gonna use... what you guys think?

Comment

I was happy with a warmoth body (tele thinline) I used on a recent project. One trick I found is it's cheaper to order an unfinished one with a nice maple top and tung oil finish it myself (really easly) than it is to order one painted.

Comment

Originally posted by bobafer View Post
                So, ive made the math, if i get the body and neck on warmoth, its gonna cost about 600 bucks, then the sperzels, tonepros bridge and tailpiece, the 2 SDs humbuckers, pots and switch, accesories, etc, may get up to 1000 total, no counting the paint im gonna use... what you guys think?
                I think you need to go for it.

Here's one of mine... I'm still tweaking the 2nd one a bit and I've got plans for 2 more in the near future. I won't buy another "production" bolt-on guitar, I'm so happy with them, bang-for-the-buck is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                X