Tremolo springs and sustain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremolo springs and sustain?

Does anyone know if you can hear a difference in sound when using 2 trem springs as opposed to 3? In terms of sustain? Depth?

I prefer a slightly smoother feel of the trem with 2 springs and a little less effort but was wondering if there was any inpact on the sound...?

Some people may be able to hear it... but I know I certainly can't.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by instroke View Post
      I prefer a slightly smoother feel of the trem with 2 springs and a little less effort but was wondering if there was any inpact on the sound...?
      Do you hear a difference? Apparently you don't otherwise you would have made a statement and not posed a question.

Comment

Just my 2 cents, NO ....
        I use 3 springs normally because I play somewhat aggressively with both hands and like to use the t-bar(a lot). I've had guitars with only 2 springs on them and the sustain seems to be the same, I just tend to over bend notes and it feels to 'fragile' at least to me. When palm muting I tend to 'rest' a little to hard for a 2 spring set-up(sure I could probably screw the claw into the back of the route, but I choose to use 3 springs instead).

<Flame suit on> My best guitar for sustain is an SG, I don't know why. It isn't very heavy, it just seems to resonate better(even unplugged).
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
        X