Feeler gauge - English or Metric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeler gauge - English or Metric?

I'm finally going to get off my butt and buy a set of feeler gauges. I don't think it matters whether or not they're in English or metric units except for the the fact that some factory specs are done in one of the two.

Anyone have any preference to either one?

Hi Matt!!
    FWIW, I use English.I've actually seen some that have the English and Metric units on them,as a matter of fact I've got a set of wire feelers that have both units stamped on them.

If I want to convert an English measurement to Metric I use my digital caliper.

Once I've got one of my guitars set up the way I like it, I just use my English measurements for reference,or target measurements.

If you're lucky you can find a set with both units,then you'll have the best of both worlds .

Jim

Comment

Most of your newer sets come stamped with both, and a choise of flat or angled heads. I got mine through Snap on tools, but you should be able to get them through your local hardware store or Sears.

Comment

Found a set at one of the local auto stores and they're etched with metric and English units. Now I just need to degrease the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
          Found a set at one of the local auto stores and they're etched with metric and English units. Now I just need to degrease the thing.
          Was it used?:ROTF:
          Oh yea, I forgot they come oiled from the factory so they don't rust.

Good deal,you've got both units. OH,OH,that didn't sound good either.I better go now.

Comment

Working...
          X