Sh1n Vs. Sh2n Seymour Duncans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sh1n Vs. Sh2n Seymour Duncans

Has anyone here tried the Sh2n on your neck position?
    Based on experience with other models such as the Sh4 and the Sh1n, what do you see different in terms of sound? Hotter at all?

I don't have a '59 here to make a direct comparison, but there have been quite a few '59 vs Jazz threads here in the past. Nothing came up in a search?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

It's not hotter than the '59. It's slightly lower in ouput, but brighter. I usually prefer the '59 in the neck, but if you want to brighten up a mahogany guitar or something, it might be a good choice for that. If you're looking for a little more output, a Pearly Gates in the neck can sound great, and balances well with a high-output bridge pickup.

Comment

Yeah, I use the Jazz a lot for a neck pickup. I like it, much better than the '59 for clean and still a good pickup with distortion.

Comment

Jazz wins for me cause you can split it. I like them both however, as said though the Jazz is a brighter pickup.

Comment

The '59 is available in a 4-conductor version... I'm not sure how commonly available it is retail, but you can get them. The ones in the Pro Mods with Duncans are 4-conductor.

Comment

Working...
            X