HSH, Blade switch, 2 volumes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSH, Blade switch, 2 volumes?

I'm wracking my brain on this one - I don't think its possible. Ideas?

Hum - Single - Hum setup in a strat, 3 way blade switch, volume 1 - Bridge, Volume 2 Neck & Middle, Master Tone (or Tone - Neck & Middle)
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

I don't think it's possible, either, at least not the way you want to do it. You'd have to make one "three coil" pickup of the neck & middle pickups, and then wire the controls pre-switch, however you want them.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was coming up with, too.

Basically, I want to have a strat setup, but with the ability to kill the volume on one switch position for stutter effect.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

It's probably easiest to install a mini-toggle (spst) between the tone and the jack and just use that. It saves your pickup selector switch some wear too. I have a guitar set up like this, but just replaced the tone control with the toggle. Just an idea...

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          Yeah, that's what I was coming up with, too.

Basically, I want to have a strat setup, but with the ability to kill the volume on one switch position for stutter effect.
          You could do 3 volumes...

Ah, seriously you could do what rstites says (dedicated kill switch) or you could do master volume & tone + a volume for the middle pickup.

Assuming you want a 5-way switch, if you kill the middle pickup volume this would leave you with bridge, dead, dead, dead, neck, so you could do stutters from either pickup.

So you wire the bridge and neck PU straight to the switch, and the middle PU straight to a volume pot, then the pot to the switch. Output goes to master volume and tone. :dunno:

Comment

Working...
          X