X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input jack fell out!

Hey all,
    I am still a newb so I need some help.
    My input jack where I plug in my guitar has fallen apart. The screw seems to be on a springlike function and I cannot get the washer or tiny lock nut to get back on.
    Do I have to get that cover part opened up and get in there?
    Or should I take it to the store? Easy fix???
    Thanks!

I think this happened to me once. If I understand correctly, the "sleeve" (not sure of the correct term) of the jack retreats into the cavity when you try to put the nut on, thereby making it impossible to get the nut started. If I remember correctly, you may have to get something like needle-nosed pliers to pull the sleeve out tight. While you are holding it out with the pliers, then start the nut on the threads and from there you should be able to tighten it up correctly. Hope this helps.

Comment

Yes this helps thanks....I wasn't sure if something was buggered up in there or not. I will try with some pilars and hope for the best!

Comment

It's just two screws on the jack plate, take them out, retrieve your input jack, secure it to the jack plate and replace the jack plate.

I'm assuming it's a Jackson or strat type jack plate...if not, it's 4 screws to take out...
        Last edited by SEAN RAF; 02-23-2010, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
          It's just two screws on the jack plate, take them out, retrieve your input jack, secure it to the jack plate and replace the jack plate.
          +1
          Scott

Comment

Sorry yes it is a new Jackson DK2....opps!

Comment

Some routs are a little tight, So test fit the jack in the rout before tightening all the way.
              Models
              The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
              I dont need furniture.
              If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
              If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
              And rock that sucker.

Comment

OK so I opened up the cover and there was a loose washer that was "star" shaped...quite course looking.
                Where does that fit? I am thinking it goes over the threads on the plug and acts as a washer on the inside of the cover???

Comment

Yep, it helps the washer grip the cover.

It should go wires -> washer -> star thing -> jack plate -> washer -> cord
                  Scott

Comment

aha!
                    looks like I am missing a washer.....maybe it fell into the inner abyss of my guitar
                    thanks for the input guys.....no pun intended

Comment

Technically, it's an output jack. A signal is leaving your guitar.

Comment

Working...
                      X