Reduced the value of my Charvel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduced the value of my Charvel...

but I love it! I bought this 2005 San Dimas reissue last year and have not used it since buying it because of the trem it came with. The original trem was a brass V trem, but the last owner then swapped it out for a locking Super Vee trem in chrome. This trem was great, it stayed in tune and there was enough travel in the fine tuner to achieve drop D. However, it looked cheap and nasty, so I found that I was never playing it. Well I got my chisels and drill out and braced myself for a day of completely fucking up this guitar...but that didn't happen! I fitted a black Floyd to it yesterday and gigged with it last night...it's fucking perfect!

Below are some before and after pics...

Cool! How did you manage with the nut?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Awesome job. Looks factory from the front.

Comment

Looks much tougher now. Good job!

Comment

It doesn't look factory underneath, it looks like I routed it with a combine harvester, still, at least it's only me that knows this...

The original owner had a Floyd nut fitted, so less work for me.

Comment

Considereding what kind of bridge was on there before, I think you increased the value (at least for some folks).
            Last edited by Matt_B; 02-21-2010, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Nice work. Yeah, that previous trem was cheap shit. SOOOO much better, now.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

That previous trem looked cheap, but is in fact a very well made, quality piece of hardware, easily as good as the Floyd.

Comment

great choice..looks the mutts nuts now!!

Comment

That one you replaced looks like something built in ScrapHeap Challenge.
                    Has that D-tuna thing made a dent in the finish (yet...)?
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I agree the Super Vee trem isn't very pretty, but it did the job well.

The D-Tuna hasn't made a dent in any of the 3 guitars I have them fitted to, that's with all of the Floyd base plates being almost flat to the body. I can see how it would if you didn't set up the D-Tuna properly. If you try and adjust the tiny allen bolt too much, you end up with quite a severe angle (downwards toward the body) when the D-Tuna is pushed in for E.

Comment

10000x better

Comment

Working...
                        X