OFR help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFR help

I have an SL2h and a old Kramer Baretta that have the OFR with what seems to me the brass sustainer block. Sustainer block composition aside, my issue is that while playing these 2 guitars, if I do an abrupt mute of the strings between chords, the springs in the trem cavity continue to sympatheticaly ring out for a short bit giving a reverbish sound. This is highly un-desirable to me as it very clearly comes through the amp. Ive never had this happen before, though Ive never had an OFR before either. Has anyone else had to deal with this? How did you fix it? It annoys the bejesus out of me, I turn my reverb off cause I dont care for reverb. Id like to not have any guitars with built in reverb. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

I remember another guy having the same problem, if you searched the threads you should find it. I know I'm not much help, but it was definitely covered in the past threads. Hope you find your answer, man.
    Ratt & Roll

Comment

Get some plastic tubing that fit inside the springs and put it in there. That should take the reverb ring out of them.

Comment

Thanks guys. I had considered something like that but figured Id ask first as I was concerned that putting something in or around them would affect their ability to properly float the trem.

Comment

Floydupgrades.com has noiseless springs. They're black and look coated, if you wanted to pay, might give them a try?
          Ratt & Roll

Comment

Coating them seems like BS to me but for $10 why not, maybe Ill try it. Ive wasted $10 on worse things I suppose.

Comment

Try stuffing some foam underneath the springs, I've heard about others doing this with great results..
              My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

It sounds like there's not enough clearance between the springs and the body, are they catching slightly?

Comment

I use the foam that comes with new PuPs...cut a square and squeeze it between the body and springs...

Comment

Originally posted by mustaine-who? View Post
                    I use the foam that comes with new PuPs...cut a square and squeeze it between the body and springs...
                    +1 this has worked for me

Comment

So far, I like the spare foam idea best. Think Ill try that one since I woudnt have take my springs out. Thanks again!

Comment

Never liked the foam myself, as it created friction between the springs and the body. There wasn't a lot, but it was enought to cause the bridge to not return to "zero" after use.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                          Never liked the foam myself, as it created friction between the springs and the body. There wasn't a lot, but it was enought to cause the bridge to not return to "zero" after use.
                          K, back to "zero"(ha ha) on the cure, dont want to chance my floyd not working correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                            K, back to "zero"(ha ha) on the cure, dont want to chance my floyd not working correctly.
                            Well, you could always try it - it might work for you, and foam isn't all that difficult to install/uninstall.

Comment

Try running rubber bands through the middle of the springs.
                              Models
                              The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
                              I dont need furniture.
                              If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
                              If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
                              And rock that sucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X