Neck replacement for a RR Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck replacement for a RR Concept

I'd like to replace the stock neck for another 22 fret neck but with binding and sharkfin inlays. I'd prefer a reverse headstock but it's not necessary. IS there another guitar models neck with these spec?

Only one I can think of, is the Charvel 475DLX; 22 frets, rosewood board, MOP fins and ivoroid binding.

Comment

Well I'll keel my eyes peeled. Thanks

Comment

Model 4 has the sharkies IIRC.

I'd like to stumble onto a neck to do the same thing to my Avenger. I'd even be willing to attempt butchering a 24 fret neck to make it work. I'm just not willing to pay what J/C necks bring on ebay to replace a perfectly fine neck for aesthetics.
        |My CSG gallery|
        (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

The older USA DK1 had 22 frets with sharkfins and ebony board, standard headstock.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
            Model 4 has the sharkies IIRC.

I'd like to stumble onto a neck to do the same thing to my Avenger. I'd even be willing to attempt butchering a 24 fret neck to make it work. I'm just not willing to pay what J/C necks bring on ebay to replace a perfectly fine neck for aesthetics.
            The 4 has sharkies but not binding.

Guitarfetish has replacement Jackson-style necks with sharkies and binding for $49.95, no tuners but the Floyd nut comes with it. It's a 24-fretter, but if you don't want to spend $250 or more for a DK-2 neck you're going to cut down to fit on a 22-fret body, why not butcher a $50 neck instead? If it doesn't work out or you just don't like the neck, you've spent $50 instead of $250.

You can also buy Rhoads-style bodies from them, also for $49.95, that fit the necks, if you wanted to build a cheap RR24 copy, for $100 you have the neck and body covered.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Are the guitarfetish parts any good? The pictures of their pointy neck don't look all that great. They don't specifically list the heel width on em, i'm guessing fenderish 2 3/16".
              |My CSG gallery|
              (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                The older USA DK1 had 22 frets with sharkfins and ebony board, standard headstock.
                When did they stop those? 1989? I hardly ever see them.

Comment

I believe '98 was the last year of those.
                  http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=53&pos=9
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X