screamin' demon in the neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screamin' demon in the neck?

I have an extra SD screamin demon pickup laying around and I think I just acquired a JB to make a pair.

My question is has anyone used the demon in the neck and how do you like it? The demon is actually a fairly modest pup as it's just a hot rodded SH2, I believe.

Reason is I just got a great deal on a mint ESP/LTD EC1000 that has no electronics in it, payed $250 for the guitar. It originally came with EMG's but I don't want to put them back into a Les Paul style guitar with mahagony wood. I'm thinking a JB and a smooth neck pup would kill in this guitar.

This won't be a strait up metal guitar, but a jazz/blues/country/hard rock axe. Trying to get this guitar up and running on the cheap, which is why I'm leaning towards trying out the demon in the neck.
    Thanks!
    Jackson USA guitars
    BC Rich guitars

Diezel Herbert
    Diezel VH4
    Framus Cobra
    VHT UL
    Mesa Rectifiers rev C, F, triple F
    Mesa MK3
    Bogner rev 2 Uber

Decided to give SD a call and they said the demon is hot enough for the bridge but not too hot for the neck and that it works pretty good. I'm going to go ahead with it. Still interested in hearing from anyone that has tried it.
    Jackson USA guitars
    BC Rich guitars

Diezel Herbert
    Diezel VH4
    Framus Cobra
    VHT UL
    Mesa MK3
    Bogner rev 2 Uber

Comment

I've never tried it, but am curious what you find out, so keep us posted. The SD is one of the most finicky pickups I've ever tried: works great in some guitars (including my '84 Charvel) and sounds horrible in others. Actually, the JB is that way too IMO, so maybe it's just me!

Comment

Originally posted by RJF View Post
        Decided to give SD a call and they said the demon is hot enough for the bridge but not too hot for the neck and that it works pretty good. I'm going to go ahead with it. Still interested in hearing from anyone that has tried it.
        On the SD forums it supposed to be good for a LP Neck pickup.

I have a regular spaced one sitting around for a neck project someday.

You should be fine.

Comment

I did it and it sounds pretty good. Not quite as jazzy as an SH2 but I had it laying around so I can't complain.
          Jackson USA guitars
          BC Rich guitars

Diezel Herbert
          Diezel VH4
          Framus Cobra
          VHT UL
          Mesa MK3
          Bogner rev 2 Uber

Comment

i put an sh-5 in a neck position and it aint too bad. what sounds good is putting the selector in the middle and spilting the sh-5 and tb-6 dist. it has a heavy fat sound and can sound good at low pot volume.
            DK2 EERIE DESS
            KE3 CUSTOM
            KELLY PROFESSIONAL
            KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
            RR3 PRO
            BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
            KRAMER VOYAGER
            LINE6 HD150 SPIDER IV HEAD
            TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Comment

Working...
            X