replacing JT580LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing JT580LP

An Original Floyd will fit in a JT-580LP route. Plenty of people here have done it. Any truth to this...feedback desperately needed.

Floyd Rose Original in a JT580LP route

Original Floyd Rose in a JT580LP route

Before (with JT580LP):

After (with OFR):

I've done this about 10 times over the years; yes it's true. I can't understand why no one believes it.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Dude, this is like, the third thread you have started on this. Yes, the Floyd fits in the route on some guitars. I have done it myself (96 SL2) and had excellent results.

I have also done it myself, and had it not fit ('92 Fusion HH).

I don't know what to think, here. I mean, on the one hand I've done it and had it work, so obviously I can make it work, if it can. On the other hand, I tried it on the same guitar you have, and it didn't fit.

Go ahead and buy one and try it. You're not going to get 100% agreement that it works, because I know it doesn't always work. :dunno:

Comment

Sorry for beating a dead horse but I get just as many yes you cans as I do no it wont work...I guess it all depends on what model you have..I can see where it can work but in some cases I have seen it looks like shit....too tight...to many different models of FR

Comment

Originally posted by fusionhh View Post
          Sorry for beating a dead horse but I get just as many yes you cans as I do no it wont work...I guess it all depends on what model you have..I can see where it can work but in some cases I have seen it looks like shit....too tight...to many different models of FR
          I've had two DK2's and the same OFR fit in one and not the other. In the one that it did fit it left a gap on one side and was way too close on the other. Even with the same model guitar it's hit and miss. If you want better tone you can swap the pot metal block that comes on the JT580LP with a brass block that came with an OFR.

Comment

You know I started these threads because I needed info...not conflicting info....Not helpful at all...one poster tells me one thing and yet another poster tells me something else.....I want something that works without major hassle...I also want it to look original...WTF is that too much to ask...I am dropping the whole idea because I cant afford to throw money at something that is Iffy...I thought that was what this forum was all about ...at least it used to be until they started charging a fee...I USED to get valuable info here...but I cant even post a pic unless I spend $20.00....Done with this forum.....Fuck off

Comment

maybe someone should disregard the information that various people have posted about their successes & failures in doing this and just give you a definite answer to make you happy.

maybe you should have asked this question way back when - I'm sure the physical relationships of these bridges with those different model Jackson was different before the changes to the JCF

someone already suggested you check the very good Floyd & Schaller specs available at places like Warmoth & StewMac & measure your rout so that you can be comfortable that it will work in YOUR guitar before you buy. Repeatedly asking the question while you seek consensus isn't going to change the fact that in some guitars this works, and in others it doesn't.

as for your inability to post pics, I don't know what your problem is. As it has always been, everyone here has to host their pics online (somewhere like photobucket or what have you) and use the links they provide to either link to your picture or embed it in your post. The ability to do this is not reliant on whether you have chosen to financially contribute to this site.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

FYI I asked specific different questions as my research expanded....not the same question over and over....yes the topic is still the same...

Comment

Done that...I have done my homework....

Comment

Fyi...it says I need to be a paying member to post pics.... tried it..JCF sucks

Comment

you mean like this guy, who isn't a paid up member, has one post, and yet has a bunch of pics in his post?
                      http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103845

If you don't understand how to post pics here, we're happy to help. The text box (which I'm typing into now) isn't going to prevent you from linking to wherever you have hosted your pics. Throw some [img] tags around your link and the pics will appear in your post.

If you are trying to directly attach pics from your computer to a thread, then yea, you're going to have problems if you aren't a paid up member. But hardly anyone here puts pics up like that anyway. It's honestly not that hard.

But whatever, man. You don't like the place, find somewhere else to ask about swapping OFRs into import Jacksons. And be prepared to be disappointed when they too have had mix results.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

The OFR on the DK2 was kinda tight on the sides at first. After about 15-20 dives, the steel baseplate shaved off just enough clearcoat to allow smooth travel. No it didn't knock chunks of paint off, no it didn't bust holes in the wood, and no, the trem didn't break. It scraped a tiny amount of clearcoat away. So little it did not even create noticeable dust.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You are dumb.

I post pics and I'm not paying.

Photobucket pal!
                          Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            The OFR on the DK2 was kinda tight on the sides at first. After about 15-20 dives, the steel baseplate shaved off just enough clearcoat to allow smooth travel. No it didn't knock chunks of paint off, no it didn't bust holes in the wood, and no, the trem didn't break. It scraped a tiny amount of clearcoat away. So little it did not even create noticeable dust.
                            I had a trem that was a little too wide to fit a recess & I just filed a little off the edge of the trem, worked great.
                            touched up with a little black paint & you couldn't tell anything was ever done.
                            Models
                            The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
                            I dont need furniture.
                            If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
                            If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
                            And rock that sucker.

Comment

Working...
                            X