Painting a floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting a floyd

It seems that floyds are mostly available in chrome, gold and black. When painting a guitar, can you paint a floyd too. Has anyone done it? Any pictures?

You can't "paint" a metal bridge and expect it to last. It needs to be plated or anodized.

Comment

I believe Joe (Charvel750) has had a couple guitars fully painted, trem and all. Do a search for it.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        I believe Joe (Charvel750) has had a couple guitars fully painted, trem and all. Do a search for it.
        I sent him a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
          I sent him a PM.
          We need pics when they're provided plz

Comment

Powder coat painting is the only type that would be durable.
            METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
              You can't "paint" a metal bridge and expect it to last. It needs to be plated or anodized.
              Didn't buckethead have a white tailpiece on his LP?

Comment

Kahler used to have red, white and blue coating on some of their trems in the '80s.

Comment

I can't find the pics of Joe's guitars, but I believe they were airbrushed by an artist named Daneen. One was a full pile of skulls on a Warrior, and the other I believe was a Dinky with a mass card tribute to his mom of virgin mother and christ. I think he also had a colored dragon Warrior done.

Comment

I remember those form a long time ago not sure how they were painted tho'.
                    Never understood the whole buckethead thing.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hi, all. There is absolutey NO AFFECT on tone or playability when you paint a Floyd. You can use spray paint even! Hell, I had a beat up chrome Floyd Rose, painted it black, and it looks good, and has held up well. These guitars were airbrushed and then a light clear applied to the paint on the hardware and body. Our goal was to cover the entire guitar with paint to keep the graphic uninterrupted, here's a few Warriors:

My mom's tribute guitar pics have disappeared on me, all I can find right now is this big group shot, but you can see it on the left side:

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

i painted my first chrome floyd gloss black with spray paint it worked alright.
                        first saddle would wear, i painted the bridge post screws too they didn't last as much with screw driver always digging around in em.

but basically the rest stuck on well for years, i touched it up here or there, after awhile didn't care as much, loved the guitar and it still looked better to me at the time, i'd do it again today if i cared as much.

Comment

Working...
                        X