Upgrading block on Vibrato?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading block on Vibrato?

I have just bought a brass upgrade for my Floyd. I assume that this added mass will add sustain to the guitar. Has anyone done this? What were the pro's and cons? Thx :-) D

I have added it to every single one of my floyd guitars. Mega improvement in tone and sustain too!

Comment

Put one on my Charvel Pro Mod. Love it. More sustain and the notes are crisp and well defined. Took a little brightness away from the maple neck but added warmth. I'm putting one on a Charvel Model 5 project and also have another Pro Mod on the way that will also get the brass block.

Comment

Adds bass overall. I haven't noticed increases in sustain, but it's an important upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
          I have added it to every single one of my floyd guitars. Mega improvement in tone and sustain too!
          Same here. Mega improvement in tone, sustain, note transfer, and overall resonance. Love them.

I've actually gone the extra push over the cliff and put Titanium blocks in a couple of my guitars. You can't go wrong with either the Brass or the Ti.

Comment

I've done it to my Demartini and all my RG's. I just ordered one for my '05 Charvel custom shop that shows up Thursday. Well worth it!
            This space for rent

Comment

Working...
            X