No announcement yet.

Floyd Roses, Am I seeing this right!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Roses, Am I seeing this right!!??

At warmoth an original Floyd is 170.00, at AllParts they are over 300.00. Actually that was 300.00 for a Shchaller Floyd.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

I bought my black OFR from them for $180.00... sounds right to me.
    Ratt & Roll

Comment

I jsut can't beleive they are almost double at Allparts!

Comment

Neither can I, that's an insanely high price for a Schaller, not even the OFR.
        Ratt & Roll

Comment

Why not buy a vintage 80's OFR on ebay or locally for $80? A lot of Kramer guitars came stock with them.

Comment

Yeah - Allparts' website has everything at MSRP. I don't get it.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Can you use the posts of a Jackson trem or any other for that matter and drop an original Floyd on them or do you have to install the posts that come with the Floyd?

Comment

You're fine using the original posts as long as they are in good shape. For older guitars that have JT-6 posts, you lose a tiny bit of range due to the angle of the notch in the posts. Budman (www.fretsonthenet.com) makes replacement JT-6 posts that have the same angle as OFR posts.

Comment

Ok cool, Thanks!

Comment

There are some guys on here who know everything there is about Floyd systems. I'm not, I'm only 17 and learn new stuff about Floyds everyday, but there are definitely experts on the forum who got you covered!
                    Ratt & Roll

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                      Yeah - Allparts' website has everything at MSRP. I don't get it.
                      Yeah, I see some stuff on there that's a good deal, and other stuff that's ridiculous. It pays to shop around... Basically I don't buy anything from them I can get anywhere else.

Comment

What's ridiculous is the dealers on ebay that have them posted for $260. That I don't understand. What's the deal with posting stuff for sale on ebay at ridiculous prices? Dealers - chime in here - is it an insurance scam/thing??? Tax scam thing? You get a tax deduction for the value of your inventory or something like that?
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

My concern with buying an OFR is what are you actually getting? A real made in Germany Trem or a korean/chinese Floyd?

I'll go with a killer product and get a Gotoh Floyd.

And FYI...thats also why Suhr switched to Gotohs...questionable quality.

Comment

If you buy an OFR from Warmoth, Carvin, Allparts, or any legit place, you are getting an OFR made in Germany unless they explicitly tell you otherwise. The Floyd Special is marked as such right on the baseplate, and the Korean model used on Charvels and some Jacksons is only available as an OEM part to manufacturers. The place you have to be careful is eBay, but that's true of anything you buy there, no matter what it is. Demand good pics of the saddles, ask about the made in Germany stamp, and if they don't cooperate, don't buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                              If you buy an OFR from Warmoth, Carvin, Allparts, or any legit place, you are getting an OFR made in Germany unless they explicitly tell you otherwise. The Floyd Special is marked as such right on the baseplate, and the Korean model used on Charvels and some Jacksons is only available as an OEM part to manufacturers. The place you have to be careful is eBay, but that's true of anything you buy there, no matter what it is. Demand good pics of the saddles, ask about the made in Germany stamp, and if they don't cooperate, don't buy it.
                              +1. There's a lot of MIK Floyds floating around on Ebay right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X