Is this a JE-1200 or JE-1500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a JE-1200 or JE-1500?

I think it's a JE-1500 because of the adjustable trim pot, but I'm not sure. I checked the Catalog Scans on the Audiozone.dk site and that's what I think it is. I had never noticed the adjustable pot until recently. It was at 0, so I maxed it at 11. Now the switch does something noticeable.

The guitar is a S-S-H configuration. 1 volume pot (the first from the top), 2 tone pots (the middle is push/ pull) and a mini switch. The mini switch bezel is textured like the JT-6 trem lock blocks. Is that common?

I'm pretty sure sure it's a JE-1500 because of the trim pot on the board, the push-pull, and mini-switch. There's a good pic to compare it to here:

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....444&fullsize=1

Comment

I've had this guitar for 3 years and didn't know how the guitar was wired. Thanks for the info DG!

Comment

Okay, so I read the description and it makes sense. It doesn't mention anything about the push/ pull pot. Technically what does that do? This may be a silly questions, but if I leave the switch on while the guitar is not in use will it drain the battery faster?

Comment

As long as you don't have the jack plugged in, it shouldn't drain the battery. Plugging in completes the circuit, and it will eventually drain the battery even if you have that mini switch off, because it's an active system whether or not you have the boost effect engaged.

As for the push-pull pot, I'm pretty sure that it works as your normal tone pot in the pushed position, and as the control for the boosted mid sweep effect (basically a wah type thing) in the pulled position.
          Last edited by dg; 02-28-2010, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Coo, thanks for the info DG!

Comment

Working...
            X