Hercules Wall Hangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hercules Wall Hangers

Did a google search - there seem to be two. One with a wooden plaque, and the other has a triangular base. Which one would be more reliable? I'm gonna fit at least 3 of these (I'll keep my two stands in case I score another Warrior!).
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

I had a Hercules guitar stand, it damaged my Gibson Explorer Pro. Don't buy their product. For whatever reason, the designer put some really protruding 90deg corners that interfere with the neck at the headstock. It marred the f*&k out of my guitar. I'm still pissed and I don't even own the guitar anymore.

But a Dunlop hanger, that locking-style hanger Hercules makes is a joke.

Yea, that paint chip? Caused by a Hercules guitar stand. A stand is intended to help protect a guitar. I don't care if Herculese has corrected this problem, they will never be able to make it up to me. This should have never happened!!!! I should have bought Dunlop!

Last edited by Luafcm; 02-12-2010, 05:04 PM.

Comment

The corners on the floor stands I own don't have plastic corners. I will check this, whilst looking into these Dunlop hangers. Thanks.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I meant Dixon wall hanger...

don't know why I said Dunlop! Oops!

Comment

I have been using a few Hercules guitar hangers(just like the one pictured) for about 4 years now, I have not caused any damage to any guitars, and I like them.:think:
          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

I use string swings hanger and I havent had a problem with them, pretty cheap (cost wise) too.

Comment

Originally posted by fordsho90 View Post
              I use string swings hanger and I havent had a problem with them, pretty cheap (cost wise) too.
              +1. String swing hangers are very good, made in USA BTW

Comment

I think the Hercules/Explorer problem is down to the asymmetrical headstock on the Explorer, so the guitar doesn't hang square on supported equally at both sides of the headstock as, say, a Les Paul would.

I was thinking about some of these, but I have a radiator on one wall, and a Hammond Organ on the other, so currently no space in my den to hang them. They take up the whole floor, though!

Comment

I can recommend K&M's wall hangers. I've been using them for years without any problems.

Comment

My local shop has some hangers made by "Bespoke". I'll be checking these out tommorow. I won't be getting those Hercules after I saw that picture
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by Luafcm View Post
                      Is it me or does the paintjob on that headstock look like hell?
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

The problem was most likely from the Nitro finish on the explorer (very common problem with many stands) and as jackson uses poly, won't have a problem... Been using the wooden hercules hanger for quite awhile now (on gibsons even) with zero problems, they corrected the foam so there is no plastic, and it shouldn't cause a reaction with the nitro
                        Last edited by Gibsonmac; 02-14-2010, 07:18 PM.
                        Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

I use the hercules as well and haven't had any problems with them.

Comment

Well, I didn't like the Bespoke ones. No foam pads at all. The Hercules ones I found don't have those nasty corners that mark the neck, so I bought 3.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsonmac View Post
                              The problem was most likely from the Nitro finish on the explorer (very common problem with many stands) and as jackson uses poly, won't have a problem... Been using the wooden hercules hanger for quite awhile now (on gibsons even) with zero problems, they corrected the foam so there is no plastic, and it shouldn't cause a reaction with the nitro
                              LOL, that's sweat, not some Bill Nye Nitro-Foam chemical reaction...

The whole 'not buying Hercules products' thing is a matter of principal. You would think that a guitar hanger company could come up with a design that does not chip the paint off of the guitar that are hung on it. If your job is to make products that protect guitars and they damage ANY kind of guitar, they are utter f-ing garbage as a company.

The only time the Hercules guitar hanger would be beneficial is if someone picked your house up, flipped it upside down, and shook it. If that isn't happening to you often, then don't buy one of these stupid 'locking' guitar hangers. They are a f-ing joke, just like Hercules.

Comment

Working...
                              X