40mm Floyd Block???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40mm Floyd Block???

So I swapped a German Floyd into my fiesta red ProMod today - and when I pulled out the MIK Floyd - it had a 40mm block on it. This is news to me - I thought there were only 42mm, 37mm and 32mm. Anyone seen these before?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Never even heard of one before.

Comment

Never heard of it either. Someone on here mentioned a 35 or 36mm once, but I thought they made a typo. Maybe there are some odd sizes out there that certain companies use?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Huh... You know, I thought the 37 was a little short for these. But just a little, not really a "problem" but, that's kinda cool if they're using a bigger one.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          Anyone seen these before?
          Nope

Comment

So I've actually seen 35mm as well - but not 40mm. I thought it was weird when I pulled it out of there. For the record, the 37mm block I replaced it with works fine.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Are you sure it's a sustain block....and....not....a crackpipe?

Hehe, J/K

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                So I've actually seen 35mm as well - but not 40mm. I thought it was weird when I pulled it out of there. For the record, the 37mm block I replaced it with works fine.
                There was one other weird size outside the normal 3 I've come across and I think it was a 35 mm. The 40 mm I never heard of, but from a manufacturing standpoint it makes sense to use a slightly shorter block and save materials. Of course, it's no longer to OFR specs from a size point of view, in addition to the inferior construction.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
                X