Lemon Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemon Oil

Quick question guys, I've got a 22 fret neck that needs oiling, I'm wondering what the average volume of lemon oil per fret (in milliliters preferably) would be optimal for cleaning it-now I know that some frets are bigger than others so that's why I say average, just give me something to start out with and I'll go from there.

Holy shit, welcome back, Boxcar! How ya been? Don't forget, you have to actually drink the lemon oil to make it work.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
      Quick question guys, I've got a 22 fret neck that needs oiling, I'm wondering what the average volume of lemon oil per fret (in milliliters preferably) would be optimal for cleaning it-now I know that some frets are bigger than others so that's why I say average, just give me something to start out with and I'll go from there.
      Are you kidding? It doesn't take much because wood can only absorb so much oil at a time. Also, I don't think lemon oil cleans the wood. As far as I could tell it tightened the grain by thickening the wood fibers and darkened the rosewood the fret board.
      Last edited by Trussrod; 02-10-2010, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Trussrod, Boxcar's post is a very inside/old school JCF joke.

Box, it's been a very long time. How've you been, man?

Welcome back, I salute you!

Sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

OK, who Necroed some done to death topic

...Hey Boxcar!
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Don't forget, you have to actually drink the lemon oil to make it work.
            And always be sure to pour some out for your dead homeys. That's why the gallon cans are best.

Comment

I don't know the answer in milliliters, but takes approximately .5 cc of lemon oil per fret on a 25.5" scale guitar which is stored in 30 - 40% relative humidity.

Adjust accordingly for a 24-3/4" scale or higher levels of humidity.

Comment

welcome back dude!
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Welcome back, Boxcar!

P.S.- Lemon oil is passe. Some folks have moved on to "ebonizing" the evil that is rosewood. It's like the Spanish Inquisition, or something.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                    And always be sure to pour some out for your dead homeys. That's why the gallon cans are best.
                    Exactly. Don't forget your dead homeys! Don't be a menace to South Central while drinking your lemon oil in the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Holy shit, welcome back, Boxcar! How ya been? Don't forget, you have to actually drink the lemon oil to make it work.
                      Toe, you forgot, gargle first, then swallow!
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Good point. Nobody likes a lemon oil spitter!

Comment

Ha ha ha! I thought this was a Threadsurrection! Hi Ethan! (it's Ethan, right?)
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                            Welcome back, Boxcar!

P.S.- Lemon oil is passe. Some folks have moved on to "ebonizing" the evil that is rosewood. It's like the Spanish Inquisition, or something.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!

Nor does anyone expect all these old rusty geezers jumping out of the woodwork again
                            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                              Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!
                              Monty Python rules.

Comment

Working...
                              X