Schaller floyd saddle numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaller floyd saddle numbers?

Hey, I need some help on the placement of the saddle-blocks on my Schaller floyd.
    I bought a Charvel 375 with a Schaller on it, but the d-string was way too close to the fretboard, so it was allways buzzing. I noticed that the saddle for the d-string was was a tad lower than the others, so I removed them all. 3 of the saddles has numbers on 'em (1,2 and 1.) and 3 don't so I'm guessing that has something to do with the placement of them. My d-saddle had a number 1 under it, so I'm also guessing somebody removed it and got them all wrong when putting back on..

Has anybody got a clue on the correct order these go back on?

Thanks in advance guys'n'girls!
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Depending on who made them they could be 0,1,2 or 1,2,3.

easiest way to tell is to sit them all on a flat surface and rearrange them until the tops of the saddles form an arch, like the radius of your guitar. so tallest in the middle, shortest under your E strings
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks man! I realized that the former owner had put the lowest saddle on the d-string, and that the highest ones were placed on the e-strings..No wonder I couldn't get this right..He'd also used 3 high saddles as opposed to 2 of each..Go figure!
      I've learned something new about Schallers today!
      My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Working...
      X