Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you fit your Schaller straplocks to strap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you fit your Schaller straplocks to strap?

May sound strange but has anyone got any quick tips for fitting the Schaller locks to their straps? I've put some on without enlarging the holes and on other straps have cut the holes larger with a scalpel. What do you guys do?
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

I never cut, just force it through, pushing the leather downwards so that there's still enough thread exposed to get the nut and washer on...using a ring spanner.

Comment

+1
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

stick it in, tighten it up. Pretty much how I approach any situation in life
        Hail yesterday

Comment

The biggest pain is starting the threads to tighten the nut for strap ends with thick leather ends. I have to compress the washer down on the base with a lot of downward force before the threads catch, then tighten it with an adjustable wrench.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Sand the hole bigger with a file

I use one of those things to punch holes (in thin plate) with a hammer
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys.
              www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

you can always put the strap on the guitar, then put the straplocks on, over the strap. kind of a waste since they sell cheap plastic strap locks that do the same thing. but i've seen people do it that way.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                X