Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaller Original Floyd

Hey all,

I have a Schaller Original Floyd and I have 2 small problems I am looking to resolve.

1 - The stock whammy bar does not fit perfectly. While it fits, it does not fit snugly. There is some play and movement. I think the bars' diameter is slightly off. Can anyone recommend where to buy a new whammy bar that will fit perfectly?

2 - While cleaning and restringing I noticed that the posts are a little loose while seated in the bushings. The bushings are set firm within the body of the guitar, however, when the post are inserted there is a little play. From what I have read on the forum, this movement can rob sustain. Is this true, and if so, what is the easy fix?

As always, thanks in advance for the help.

1. Stew Mac sells the bar and collar assembly for less than $20. Get it.

2. Wrap teflon tape around the threads, or replace both studs and screws with new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      1. Stew Mac sells the bar and collar assembly for less than $20. Get it.

2. Wrap teflon tape around the threads, or replace both studs and screws with new ones.
      I second these two suggestions.

Comment

Thanks - will do.

I was disappointed on the quality of the Schaller. I would have expected this from a Licensed copy. For future reference, are there better quality Originals that I should pick-up?

Comment

Pretty sure StewMac only sells the Schaller bar - not the Schaller OFR bar. Check Prorockgear.com
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Radiohead View Post
            I was disappointed on the quality of the Schaller.
            Was this a new trem or a beat up old one?

Comment

Hey DonP.

This is practically new. It on a guitar I got from eBay, but overall the guitar is in great shape, not a even a buckle scratch, so I think the Floyd was hardly used at all.

Comment

That sucks. Maybe try teflon around the bar end as well to get a tighter fit.

Comment

I would think your problem is the studs not the bushings or the trem.The studs/bushings with the coarse threads are prone to do that just wrap teflon tape on the threads and that will fix that problem.If you want changing to the fine thread studs/bushings is a better way to go.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X