The new charvel neck finishes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new charvel neck finishes?

Are they really finished in simply gunstock oil?

I CHERISH the feel of my so-cal compared to any guitar I'd ever played. Silky smooth and lightning fast. I'm having a radius/fret job done to my '82(20" radius! boo-ya!) and am having the neck sanded raw and hope to duplicate how my so-cal feels. My luthier wants to use satin lacquer but I don't care for that.

This will be my first time oiling a neck, plenty of literature on it, but I thought I'd ask here.

Sheesh, guess not lol!

Comment

Tru oil, followed by a bit of wax.
      -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by JZ06 View Post
        Are they really finished in simply gunstock oil?

I CHERISH the feel of my so-cal compared to any guitar I'd ever played. Silky smooth and lightning fast. I'm having a radius/fret job done to my '82(20" radius! boo-ya!) and am having the neck sanded raw and hope to duplicate how my so-cal feels. My luthier wants to use satin lacquer but I don't care for that.

This will be my first time oiling a neck, plenty of literature on it, but I thought I'd ask here.
        Well tung oil is a favorite if you don't mind the smell of working with it plus it's real easy to find.
        http://www.myspace.com/dannyjoecarterband
        http://www.youtube.com/user/dannyjoecarter

Comment

Birchwood Casey Tru Oil(Gunstock Oil) and also their wax. You can usually buy at Walmart.

Comment

not a tung oil fan, personally, but i freekin' love gunstock oil.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Does Jackson really use the wax, or just the Tru-Oil? I seem to recall some debate about this a while back.

As a side note, the Walmart near me doesn't carry it. I found Tru-Oil at a woodworking store, but have NEVER seen the wax anywhere.

As another side note, I only use the oil on my projects.

Comment

Just the oil, from what i recall. It's wiped on and then right off.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

gunstock oil is the best!!!! wax is optional, I personally don't use wax.

Comment

Working...
                    X