sustainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sustainer

Okay guys, is there a difference between the Jackson sustainer in the PC1 and an aftermarket sustainer like Fernandes' offering? I miss my PC1, but can't neccesarily afford one at this time, so I'm debating popping in one of the other brands if they're comparable.
    What has 9 arms and 10 legs? Def Leppard

I think it is different. I know for a fact that the sustainer that is in the DK2S is different. The import has a feature that allows you to combine both fundamental & Harmonic sustain at the sametime. The PC 1 doesn't allow you to do that.

In my opinion nothing beats a PC1......... I hope it works out for you.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

The Fernandes FSK 101 and 401 systems and the Sustainiac Stealth (used in the DK2S) systems are pretty much identical in function. Both are 9 volt systems and allow you to blend the fundamental and harmonic tones at he same time.
        Good tone, but a bit thin when compared to the Jackson sustainer.

The Jackson sustainer (OEM part built by Floyd Rose) doesn't allow blending, but it does run on 18 volts. This gives it more power and depth.

You can tell when you turn the sustainer on in a PC1 vs. the sustainer in a DK2S.
        The whole damn guitar starts vibrating with the Jackson unit.
        -Rick

Comment

Thanks Rick! Looks like I'll have to do some gear moving to get anothewr PC!

Comment

Working...
          X