Headphones question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphones question

I figure this is the best place to ask this question. I recently purchased a Boss ME-70 which has a stereo 1/4 inch output jack for headphones. I own a set of AKG Stereo Headphones /w an 1/8 inch jack. I use a stereo adapter 1/8" -> 1/4" to the ME-70 and I hear nothing. The only way to get a signal is to plug in the adapter to the pedal and barely plug in the headphone plug. And you have to wiggle it around until you get a signal.

I've used different/ new stereo 1/8" to 1/4" adapters with the same results. I even took the headphones to Guitar Center told the guy my problem in the DJ section and used my headphones there on turntables and other equipment with stereo outputs, fully seated with no problems.

So it's either the Boss or the headphones. Eventually I tried a new set of Audio Technica headphones in GC with a ME-70 filly seated with the supplied 1/4" adapter and it worked fine. I brought it home and tried it on mine and it works fine.

So it's not the unit, not the adapter but the headphones. Why would one work fine and not the other. The plugs are identical in length & both are stereo headphones. Why would one work and not the other? :think:

I do have AKG headphones as well (K141) and mine came with a special golden adapter you have to screw on since the small stereo plug on the K141 has an ouside-thread on the plug.
    maybe this thread hinders the plug to really fit into another adapter?

tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by micha View Post
      I do have AKG headphones as well (K141) and mine came with a special golden adapter you have to screw on since the small stereo plug on the K141 has an ouside-thread on the plug.
      maybe this thread hinders the plug to really fit into another adapter?
      +1

Comment

I have the adapter that came with it, it looks like the one you have pictured. No dice, I can use that same adapter w. the new headphones with no problems. I dunno... really strange.

Comment

Working...
        X