Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any problems installing sperzels on a JC neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any problems installing sperzels on a JC neck?

has anyone had problems installing sperzel locking tuners on a Jackson/Charvel headstock before? it looks like they will fit into the spces without any additional routing. except the intial drilling for the smaller pegs.
    "... guitarists shouldn't get too riled up about all of the great players that were left off of 'Rolling Stone Magazines' list of the Greatest Guitar Players of all Time' ... Rolling Stone is published for people who read the magazine because they don't know what to wear ..." - Joe (Sach) Satriani

They fit no problems. The Sperzels are designed for standard 10mm holes. You can even eliminate the roll pin locator. It's not really needed.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
      You can even eliminate the roll pin locator. It's not really needed.
      Yep, just get a pair of pliers and pull the pin out.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I got a set of locking gotohs based on comments from this board that were drop in replacements for my rr1. They have worked very well so far.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Yep, just get a pair of pliers and pull the pin out.
          really i just got them today. ill put em in when my geet gets back from the shop.
          "... guitarists shouldn't get too riled up about all of the great players that were left off of 'Rolling Stone Magazines' list of the Greatest Guitar Players of all Time' ... Rolling Stone is published for people who read the magazine because they don't know what to wear ..." - Joe (Sach) Satriani

Comment

Originally posted by mjtripper View Post
            I got a set of locking gotohs based on comments from this board that were drop in replacements for my rr1. They have worked very well so far.
            The locking Schallers that Warmoth sells are also a drop-in for the Jackson stock tuners.

Comment

Working...
            X