F-Spacing Humbucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-Spacing Humbucks.

Hey guys, I am thinking of putting in some SD Blackouts Metal in the bridge in my Jackson DK2L, which I replaced the LFR with an OFR. Will the blackouts metal fit in just fine?
    Is that a banana in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

Yup.
    As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Comment

Cool. Thanks
      Is that a banana in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

Comment

Lemme know how it sounds.
        As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Comment

yeah dude, they have blades in them so they work for Trem and Standard spacing
          Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

"Trem spacing" is basically just a gimmick anyway. In 99% of the cases it does zero difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
              "Trem spacing" is basically just a gimmick anyway. In 99% of the cases it does zero difference.
              I'd disagree with that, having seen (and experienced) how much better the polepieces line up on a Duncan Trembucker as opposed to it's usual SH-series counterpart, and it really DOES make a difference on the low and high 'E' strings especially. They're also handy if you use super-wide necks like I do...

Comment

Sure - the poles line up better, but how much difference that makes in the sound is debatable.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

No discernable difference unless you have Superman ears.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Why are you yelling?

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                    No discernable difference unless you have Superman ears.
                    I heard that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                      I'd say I'd have to agree, but they are a great gimmick for anal retentive types that must have the poles under the strings

Comment

This is NOT about your anus, nor its retention level!!

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        I'd say I'd have to agree, but they are a great gimmick for anal retentive types that must have the poles under the strings
                        Leave your butt out of this, k?

I think anyone that's had a guitar with an SH-whatever and had an anemic-sounding low or high 'E' string can tell the difference as soon as they try a Trembucker...even volume on all 6 strings is a GOOD thing.

Comment

Since SH and TB are usually the same price, why is it even a question?
                          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                            Since SH and TB are usually the same price, why is it even a question?
                            You've got a point there. :idea:

Comment

Originally posted by jhale667 View Post
                              Leave your butt out of this, k?

I think anyone that's had a guitar with an SH-whatever and had an anemic-sounding low or high 'E' string can tell the difference as soon as they try a Trembucker...even volume on all 6 strings is a GOOD thing.
                              Hmm, so maybe it wasn't my imagination when my fusion was lacking attack when hitting the High E
                              with a downstroke or Low E with an upstroke

Not that it matters, replaced the OEM jackson with an F-Spaced Super distortion (attack not being an issue anymore though)
                              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                              X