EMG Pickups with V+ buss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG Pickups with V+ buss

I just got in an EMG-SA with the new freakin' buss they threw in, and threw them in one of my guitars along with an older 85. After being shocked and receiving a second and first degree burn, I got it to work, but only with the knobs turned up halfway. I tried to rectify this problem, but now there's no signal from guitar to amp. I followed their instructions as closely as possible. Can anyone give me some pointers as to where this went wrong? I'm confused. Thanks in advance.
    As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

I'm just as confused as you are, because you're not giving us very much to go on.

Does the 85 still work? If it does, try reversing the connector on the back of the SA.

If both pups are dead, you've screwed something up. Check so the jack wires are ok and properly wired.

Plus, If you're getting electric shocks from working on the wiring of a guitar, GET A NEW SOLDERING GUN. NOW.

Comment

After sitting in my basement with a diagram for two hours, I ripped the buss out and hardwired it. The shock had nothing to do with my soldering gun, there was an unwound guitar string laying across the power strip as I was plugging it in, and it was too late by the time I noticed.
      As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Comment

So, did you fix it?

I never had any problems with the EMG quick cables myself, but it is possible that you maybe got a damaged one?

Comment

Pictures?

Comment

I got it to work beautifully, sounds really nice. I'd rather just bypass all the "quick connect" malarkey and do it in more of a non-EMG fashion.

Comment

Working...
            X