How to Firecrackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Firecrackle

Hey guys, I've got a KV3 waiting for a new skin, and I figured getting a Firecrackle finish would make a cool choice

Now I know "professional" painters aren't allowed to do them anymore
    (health/enviroment code stuff I believe)

But DIY should still be possible

Problem is,... I can't find any good DIY for applying crackle finishes on the net
    (at least not usable on a guitar, pottery otoh,...)

anyone got a good resource to where I can find the needed info for it?
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

There was a threat called "custom shop" then had some years like 86-89 or something like that. I can't remember the guy's name, but he was a Jackson artist during those years and did a lot of CS stuff. I remember somewhere in there he mentioned how he did the crackles.

Pretty vague reference, but hopefully you can find it.

Comment

I remember that thread, searching now

Ty

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I want a firecrackle axe. You can't find a pro to do that finish any more? I'm going to be bummed.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          I want a firecrackle axe. You can't find a pro to do that finish any more? I'm going to be bummed.
          In most western counteries it´s illegal to do in an industrial setting for environmental reasons.

Unfortunately, it doesn´t hurt or stop the hobbyist or the chinese ripoff artists, only those that actually have to make a living from it

Comment

Well, I found some ideas, and it seems I'm after socalled "china crackle finish"

tried a bit with acrylics and wood glue, but that doesn't seem to give the effect I want
            (or at least, will take a while to find out how to/if it can be manipulate exactly)

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Plasti-Kote makes crackle paint spray check it out.

Comment

Yeah I also found a source for "Vreeble Crackling paint"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

what?! professionals can still do them..
                  crackle finishes are easy
                  all you need is a spray gun
                  you need to paint the guitar the under colour first of course, then you apply a layer of glue, let it dry slightly for only 5 minutes or so, then you use the spray gun to quickly put the top layer over the glue quickly
                  because th glue isnt fully dry, the paint will crack as the glue begins to properly dry
                  you can find out what types of paint/glue to use online probably
                  hope this helped
                  if you cant find online what type of paint/glue to use i'l try toget some info for you, ive done this once before

Comment

Working...
                  X