Allen Wrench Mounting Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Wrench Mounting Suggestions

Any suggestions? How are these wrench holders usually mounted? I was considering this: http://s912.photobucket.com/albums/a...nch-Holder.jpg

Straight under the A tuner... A little farther to the left in the pic you show.

Comment

Is it really a huge neccessity to have them on your guitar. I mean to be honest, it's quite unlikely you'll use them on stage and even if you go out of tune live they'll be pointless cause it takes a bit of time to properly tune an out of tune or broken string guitar, especially without something like a tremel no. I am not saying it's a bad idea, it's just a concept i never understood. Each guitar usually comes with them and are neatly stored in a pouch or compartment for hard shell cases. The only things worth putting there are some pick holders if you get sweaty fingers and tend to drop your picks at the worst time

Comment

I've posted this before, but here's how I did it to avoid drilling the guitar or using anything sticky on the finish. It's a filed down and drilled large Gibson pick with the holder pop riveted to it.

Comment

The Allen Wrench holder that came stock on my Soloist is placed directly between the A and the D tuners though slightly more toward the A tuner. It makes it so when the curved part of the wrenches are pointing at the tuners the little wrench goes right in between the E and A tuners and the big one has about half a centimeter of clearance between it and the E tuner.

People may not see the point of it but I find it super handy. I was shocked to find that my Soloist even had the stock wrenches when I got it.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
            Is it really a huge neccessity to have them on your guitar. I mean to be honest, it's quite unlikely you'll use them on stage and even if you go out of tune live they'll be pointless cause it takes a bit of time to properly tune an out of tune or broken string guitar, especially without something like a tremel no. I am not saying it's a bad idea, it's just a concept i never understood.
            live use or not, it saves looking half an hour searching for where you left that allen key again
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
              live use or not, it saves looking half an hour searching for where you left that allen key again
              Not if you store all your guitar tools/parts in one box. :idea: What a concept eh!

Still, I love what Tommie's done there. That's a cool idea.
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tommie View Post
                I've posted this before, but here's how I did it to avoid drilling the guitar or using anything sticky on the finish. It's a filed down and drilled large Gibson pick with the holder pop riveted to it.
                Very clever....some 'out of the box' thinking there.
                Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommie View Post
                  Clever and avoids drilling holes. I might give this a try. Thanks!

Comment

Ah, don't be a pansy. Bust out the drill and mount that thing properly.

Remember... It's not your guitar until you've drilled a hole in it.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                      Ah, don't be a pansy. Bust out the drill and mount that thing properly.

Remember... It's not your guitar until you've drilled a hole in it.
                      I agree with you to a certain extent. I've already swapped out most of the electronics that came with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X