Recommend me a Jackson pup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a Jackson pup

I need a bridge humbucker for that Jackson strat. It's a H-S-S with J100's in the neck/middle. Those ohm out around 6 Kohms. I'd like a bridge pup that I can coil tap, and is near 6 Kohms when tapped (i.e. 12 Kohms when not tapped). In tapped mode, I'm looking for a real stratty sound. I'll go with a Duncan if I can't find a suitable Jackson.

I know it's not what you're looking for (yet) but the Model 6 i just finished did for me exactly what you're looking for. If you go with SD's, I went with a JB, Duckbucker, and a little '59. With them coil split, it sounds more like the strat I want than my strat!! Fucking amazing, 2 guitars in 1. Started with a SD Distortion, but with my whole setup, the JB worked better. Distortion had too much bottom end grind for use with my setup when not split.
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Thanks, yeah I've got a JB in another guitar and want to go "strattier". The Duncan Stag Mag would seem to fit the bill:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/product.../sh3_stag_mag/

The bad thing is, F-spacing is not available on this one. I suppose I could go the custom shop route with them if I really had my heart set on that.

Comment

An old J80 might work for you.
        I get pretty good sounds out of it in my Model 3.

Drag down link.
        http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....193&fullsize=1
        Models
        The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
        I dont need furniture.
        If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
        If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
        And rock that sucker.

Comment

Working...
        X