Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a tech guru in NYC

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a technician in NYC? I need my baby set up and don't have any good leads for a reliable tech. I have a car so I can even get to someone outside New York, but I'd prefer someone closer if possible.

Recommendations??

Thanks!
    "What solace lies in the arms of fate"

Do you have a local music shop? That might be a good place to ask.

Comment

Yeah, those oh-so-tech-savvy Guitar Denter guys are always a safe bet

Seriously, don't go there. Dig out the phone book or Google search the area for guitar shops of better reputation than Sam Ash, Guitar Center, Best Buy, etc.

Daddy's Junky Music still open?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Matt @ 30th Street is probably the best, though be prepared to wait... and I don't mean 20 minutes.

Rudy's repair shop around the corner from their shop on 48th.

The Guitar Man on... 7th??? LES 7th or 8th...

http://www.guitarmannyc.com/GuitarMan/Repairs.html
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Yeah...no real music stores in my immediate area. I've also heard mixed results from the places on 48th street. So, I'll search around and keep asking.

Grandturk - do you mean Matt Umanov? I'll look into that site too - thanks.

Figured if I'm going to take my Jackson somewhere for the first time, I'd like to take it somewhere that has a good reputation. Start by asking here first I figured...

Comment

No, Matt at 30th Street Guitars. He's the owner/tech. Does all my fretwork. Put some monster meats on a strat neck. Phenominal job. Just be prepared to wait 4 weeks for anything with fretwork.
            Blank yo!

Comment

Cool - thanks. I'll look him up too. I just need a set up basically since I'm not sure when the last time the guitar had a good "going over". But I'm willing to wait if someone is good. So thanks for the reference. If I make it down there, should I tell him Grandturk sent me??

Comment

No - he'll have no idea who I am. I've only had three guitars done by him.
                Blank yo!

Comment

Are you in Manhattan or one of the other 4 boroughs?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

Daddy's Junky Music still open?
                    Yes, but there are none in the NYC area, at least that I know. I think the closest is in CT.

BTW, Manny's music is totally gone now. Sam Ash bought out their old space.
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Hi - sorry, I'm in the Bronx. But have a car - frequently travel up to Hartford, CT and out to Stony Brook, on Long Island. So in reality, I can get there as easily as I can to 30th street! Silly but true...

Comment

Working...
                      X